Storage Tips at Global Self Storage
Helpful hints to make the packing and storing of your belongings a breeze at Global Self Storage!
- Use furniture drawers to hold delicate items. Wrap them in bubble wrap or packing paper.
- When packing toys or smaller objects, remember to fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with packing paper or peanuts to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Be careful not to store anything combustible (such as paint and chemicals) or perishable (such as food).
- When storing lawn and garden equipment, drain any fluids prior to storage in order to avoid corrosive damage.
- Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rakes.
- Always use high quality locks on your unit. Global Self Storage sells locks on-site; ask the Global Self Storage on-site Manager for details.
- When storing delicate heirlooms, use specially constructed boxes, such as wardrobe boxes. Climate controlled units will prevent mildew build up.
- Store furniture carefully on boards or pallets with furniture covers for protection.
- Cover mattresses and store them flat on level surfaces.
- Break down items (such as table legs) and store large furniture (like tabletops and sofas) on end to save space.
- Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces before storing.
- When storing business files, label all boxes and construct aisles so files are easily seen and accessible.