Welcome to Global Self Storage where we can secure your future!
Global Self Storage, Inc. is a self-administered REIT focused on the ownership, operation and acquisition of self-storage facilities in the United States. Our self-storage facilities are designed to offer affordable, easily accessible and secure storage space for residential and commercial customers and we are GROWING fast. If you like a fast-paced collaborative sales environment without the retail hours, we are looking for YOU! At Global Self Storage, we are seeking career oriented, success driven and enthusiastic managers who take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience that can innovate our future.
Is your energy and enthusiasm designed to create a customer experience? Why not bring them to Global Self Storage where you can develop your skills, enjoy working with our highly-engaged TEAM, a culture that embraces innovation, delivering a top-notch customer experience, and take your career to the next level? If so, Global Self Storage has what you are looking for!
With Global Self Storage you can manage a self-storage property while providing excellent customer service and maintaining the property occupancy and cleanliness standards, driving property rentals by filling vacancy and maintaining clean, safe and secure premises. Competitive salary and benefits offered for these full-time positions to individuals interested in working in a rewarding work environment.
- Minimum of two years Customer Service and/or Sales experience (for a Manager), or minimum of one year Customer Service and/or Sales experience (for an Assistant Manager)
- You could have experience from a variety of environments including retail sales, restaurant, sales associate, and other customer-centered selling roles
- Energetic, outgoing, customer oriented personality
- Leadership skills and experience supervising others is preferred.
- A High School diploma /GED equivalent. College education a plus
- Ability to perform light maintenance.
- Strong Computer Skills
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel to multiple retail locations
- Provide the highest-level customer service both in person and on the phone.
- Establish rental rates and discounts by surveying local market trends.
- Attract tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals, selling advantages of features and services offered and showing available units to prospective tenants.
- Prepare and execute all documents associated with leasing a storage unit.
- Accomplish financial objectives by collecting rents, forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintain property by investigating and resolving issues, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing and scheduling repairs.
- Maintain building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervising repairs.
- Maintain compliance of the facility’s customer lease policies and procedures.
- Secure property by contracting with and maintaining security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures and responding to emergencies if necessary.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Achieve organization’s goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests while exploring opportunities to add value to the job and to the company.
- Ability to travel when requested.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Opportunity for your advancement
- A superior growing company
- Extensive paid training and coaching plans – we want you to succeed!
- Internal promotional and career opportunities throughout the United States