Estimate how many boxes and items you plan to store and then use our size estimator videos to determine which storage option is best for you. Alternatively, please contact the site you are storing with and one of our representatives will happily discuss and help you decide which storage option is appropriate for your needs. Size Estimator Videos
Storage Resources from Global Self Storage
Helpful hints to make the packing and storing of your belongings a breeze at Global Self Storage!
- Use furniture drawers to hold delicate items. Wrap them in bubble wrap or packing paper.
- When packing toys or smaller objects, remember to fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with packing paper or peanuts to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Be careful not to store anything combustible (such as paint and chemicals) or perishable (such as food).
- When storing lawn and garden equipment, drain any fluids prior to storage in order to avoid corrosive damage.
- Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rakes.
- Always use high quality locks on your unit. Global Self Storage sells locks onsite; ask the Global Self Storage onsite Manager for details.
- When storing delicate heirlooms, use specially constructed boxes, such as wardrobe boxes. Climate-controlled units will prevent mildew build up.
- Store furniture carefully on boards or pallets with furniture covers for protection.
- Cover mattresses and store them flat on level surfaces.
- Break down items (such as table legs) and store large furniture (like tabletops and sofas) on end to save space.
- Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces before storing.
- When storing business files, label all boxes and construct aisles so files are easily seen and accessible.
Storage Size Guide